[Teammetrics-discuss] The Database Phase

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:09:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

> Or something like this.  So your config parser should verify that there
> is no list name duplicated without specifying an additional list-id.  I
> admit this is a bit weak maintenance-wise, but filling up the database
> with basically unique URLs sounds a bit stupid.

I understand what you are trying to do, but how is the list-id going
to help us? This is not clear to me...

If we are trying to remove redundancy, how about we just store the list-name?

Like:

[FOO]
    url = http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/
    lists = teammetrics-discuss

[BAR]
    url = http://some.other.listserver.org/
    lists = teammetrics-discuss

So we save FOO and BAR along with the respective list names *in case*
and *if* the lists are being repeated.

But we will go the way you want, however this list-id thing is not clear.

> IMHO it can be done in a variable inside the code (somewhere at top).
> I do not see any need for changing this frequently.

Ok. This will be done by tonight and you can then start populating a
test database just to check.