[Teammetrics-discuss] The Database Phase

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:18:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

>        postgres# createuser --superuser <me>
>        <me>$ createdb <mydb>
>        <me>$ python
>        import psycopg2
>        psycopg2.connect(database=<mydb>)

This will handle the database connection but we are writing to /var
and /etc and so of course we need root permissions there.

You are right, the root thing is a poor hack! The only other option is
creating a user that has the permissions to write to the directories
on /. How do we handle that -- a shell script then?

> So my proposal would be:  First drop the requirement of running the
> script as root and thus enabling ident authentication.

Ok, I am going to implement the database part at least.