[Teammetrics-discuss] Git Statistics

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon Jun 27 14:47:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 07:56:19PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The problem we have with Git is that it would be necessary
> > to touch configuration of the teammetrics if *any* new package
> > gets added by a team member.
>
> Can you give me an example as to what you are hinting at? From what I
> have seen, most teams have a single central repository, be it Git or
> SVN.

No:

   git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/ball.git
   git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/bwa.git
   git://git.debian.org/debian-med/clustalw.git
   git://git.debian.org/debian-med/cufflinks.git

and many more belong to Debian Med team.  This is described in Debian
Med policy

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#git-repository-structures

This layout is one option for keeping packaging stuff in Git and as far
as I can see this is the default way to do this.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de