[Teammetrics-discuss] NNTPStat completed successfully.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:19:55 UTC 2011

Hello!

> teammetrics=# SELECT * from listarchives where project = 'debian-edu' and archive_date < '2002-01-01' ;

> It reveals a posting in 1989 when this list did definitely not exist.
> Could you try to hunt down from where this wrong date came?  Perhaps the
> wrong field is checked?

The year is 1989 because that is what the year was in the message itself!

This is the message:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2004/07/msg00163.html ... see the
year :)

So our code is OK but this header is not. I can add a check for this
also (if year < 1990 or something) but then there is only one such
message so doesn't make sense. If you feel otherwise, please let me
know and I will fix it.

> There is also a non-person author remaining in Debian Edu:
> Skolelinux_archive_I.

Fixed.

> In Debian Jr list I guess 'Andreas T' and 'Tille A' will be the
> same person. :-)

We had 'TilleA' but not 'Tille A' :) Fixed and added both.

> The Debian Lex graph looks *very* different from what I just calculated
> with the old code
>
>    http://blends.debian.net/liststats/authorstat_lex.png

 archive_date
--------------
 2007-12-14
 2007-12-14

The mbox archive we create from Gmane for `debian-lex` starts at 2007
instead of the 2003 in your code and that is why there is the
difference... we can't do anything in this case unless we get the mbox
archives (frankly, which I don't think we will, you have already asked
patiently lots and lots of times).

> Debian-newmaint list has a non-person poster: 'NM Front D'

Fixed.

> Perhaps you can check the other lists for those fragments.

Yup, I will.

So, all was well with our code at least :)

> It would be cool if you would mentor something - you can always learn a
> lot when mentoring.  For me it seems to time consuming to do another
> mentoring (besides all other stuff).

I have already signed up as a mentor! Yayay! I have included some
project for Team Metrics also.

http://wiki.debian.org/GoogleCodeIn2011/Applying

> addressing younger people with less skills.  I do not thing that our
> tasks are specifically hard to solve - it is just that those young
> people might be to shy to apply for them.

Yup, that's right. I fear that we might not get many applications for
Team Metrics also, but oh well, we will see and I will try to spread
the word in IRC also if some students come :)

> So we nned to write down a reasonable task description which sounds
> attractive enough.  I decided that my investment of time to do does not
> fit the expected outcome (chances are IMHO high that we do not have any
> applicant).

I have added some tasks, who knows, we might get someone!

If you are thinking about `debian-med`, please check out the
categories on the wiki link above. There are some easy tasks that you
can put also (very easy ones). But again, that depends on your time to
mentor, so decide according to that :) I picked up some Team Metrics
tasks and other tasks suggested by Ana and Gergely that needed a
mentor :) They are really easy, screenshots and screencasts and such.

PS: When you are free, please give `commitstat` a run also. No hurries
as usual please, at your convenience.