[Teammetrics-discuss] NNTPStat completed successfully.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Nov 8 20:04:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 12:41:59AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:

> > '%' sign in the string it is equivalent to '=' anyway and it might
> > reduce the complexity of your query (which sounds more reasonable than
>
> We have in updatenames.py:
>
>             'Linas Zvirblis':           {'like': 'Linas %virblis'},
>
> So that is why we use `like` in the query. If we have a name like:
>
>             'Torsten Werner':           {'author': 'twerner'},
>
> We don't use a `like` and set the name straightaway :)

Yes, this is the current status which makes your code complex because
you need to distinguish between the likes and the authors.  My
suggestion was to always use (i)like which finally makes your code
easier because you might have several names for one person one where you
are using "author =" and other were you need to use "author ilike".  If
you would always use ilike you can just simplify your code and that is
what I wanted to suggest.

> > No problem.  Lets try to push things with the real mboxes for now and if
> > we did not succeeded until you have more time than you can start
>
> Ok, I will start the work as soon as I am sure that I can devote
> proper time to it.
>
> Sorry, didn't get this part -- 'Push things with real mboxes'.

I will try another ping and if this fails I might start an open
discussion with the intended result to publish the mboxes for everybody
which perhaps makes more hosts fit for storing the data (for instance
alioth).

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--