[Teammetrics-discuss] Commit Stat.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Oct 13 06:55:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:15:26AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Here is how it works:
>
> 1. We get the list of teams from the local file on blends and then
> move it over to vasks.
>
> 2. We then execute the file: `fetchrevisions.py` on vasks that starts
> parsing the teams by calling the `svn` command locally and outputs
> this data to a file: `parse.info`

I currently do not see such file on vasks

   vasks.d.o:$ find /home/groups/teammetrics/ -name parse.info

(neither do I see teams.list or revisions.hash).  Did you just removed
those files?  Even if I start

   blend.d.n:$ time ./commitstat.py -u tille

I do not see the expected files appearing on vasks.  That's the reason
why I was asking you to add the full path in a previous mail.  I never
found such a parse.info file.

> 3. When the script finishes executing, we fetch the `parse.info` file
> to blends and then start populating the database.

Sounds reasonable in principle.

> > Did the script throw some error message before stoping?
>
> None at all. It just stops parsing, it is doesn't actually stop -- it
> keeps on running but the parse.info file is not being updated so it
> has stopped running 'behind the scenes'.

Seems like we might need some debugging lines like

  "Hello world, I'm here %s"

in some relevent lines of the fetchrevisions.py code ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de