[Teammetrics-discuss] Commitstat using key authentication?

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 06:49:54 UTC 2011

Hello!

> Just a question before I go to bed: Did you only added error handlers or
> did you also checked the logfile and compared with the content of the

I have made significant changes so that logs are more 'readable', but
IMHO we cannot do any better than the message #, message-ID or the
name of the mailbox.

For most of the error, we try to ignore them and continue execution.
We only do a 'continue' and thus a skip, for the following situations
because it makes no sense to continue parsing without them:

1. From field is missing,
2. The date field is invalid,

In all other cases of encoding errors and invalid fields, we handle
them (we don't that message, we continue).

So,

> mbox to find out whether we might do better with parsing.  I'm pretty
> sure that the logfile uncovers some points in the mbox where we could do
> better with parsing the data when "normal" parsing fails.

Our normal parsing fails for the above two cases only, otherwise we
try to extract every possible piece of information. I can understand
the reason for your concern, but IMHO, this is the best we can do. I
feel that we are doing a decent job with the spam also (our simple
filter works very well in some cases), it's not perfect but then it
can never be!

If you have any other thoughts, please feel free to share and I will
implement them.

> Looks OK - I'll test later

:) Have a good weekend.