[Teammetrics-discuss] Commitstat using key authentication?

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:19:42 UTC 2011

> Hmmm, it is interesting that the name of the encoding can be found but
> no way to decode seems to be there.  I bet there are ways to decode or
> to use a decode for a "very similar" encoding.

'FW: \xca\xc3\xe9\xd2\xa7\xc3\xd2\xc2\xe4\xb4\xe9\xbe\xc3\xe9\xcd\xc1\xb7\xd5\xe8\xbe\xd1\xa1\xe2\xc3\xa7\xe1\xc3\xc1\xbf\xc3\xd5\xa1\xd1\xba
GLOBAL RICH CLUB \xa1\xd1\xb9\xa8\xe9\xd2.......', 'windows-874'

Now, the encoding can be identified but I think the string is 'broken'
(see above). Of course I don't know this for 100% sure, but:

1. The encoding related errors are mostly SPAM messages,
2. There is no reason why the current code shouldn't be able to decode
these strings if they are proper strings. Because our code is working
for all proper strings, as is evident.

'Your InterSwitch \xae Master Card Credited.', None
<subject>,<encoding>

In this case, the encoding is None and there is nothing we can do :) I
can use chardet to detect the encoding, but clearly, it is spam.

`git update` also as I have made changes to liststat (again!). Now I
will test lists.debian.org finally.

> And, yes, I was running commitstat but need to check the result.  However,
> I'll be offline tomorrow and on Thursday - I'll keep you informed once
> I have some results.

:)