[Teammetrics-discuss] MemoryError in commitstat

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:58:51 UTC 2011

> Huh???? You are just logging into Alioth and just doing <something>
> there, right?  Why not simply calling a script <somethingelse> for
> instance situated in
>
>    /srv/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/blends/bin
>
> or so?  I completely fail to see the difference in sshing to vasks and
> doing some job with svn in comaprison to sshing to vasks an calling a
> bash or python script.  There is no need for other permissions than you
> do just have, right?
>
> I do not want to distract you from profiling but for my naive sense your
> reasoning is not plausible.

Ok, so right now, we hit a MemoryError for blends.d.o when the script
runs for a long time. If we shift the operation to Alioth, wouldn't we
strain vasks during the same process that was straining blends.d.o? Or
do you recommend this because Alioth has 15 GB RAM, but still we need
to let them know we are doing this, right?