[Teammetrics-discuss] Graphs and GSoC :)

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:55:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

> Vipin, where are with the blends.d.n run?

Sorry for the late reply. I was quiet busy with college activities and
had attended a conference in these days.

I assumed that you guys might have communicated with Enrico and
requested him to help us with deployment. If not i'll write to him and
request for his help.

At the conference I discussed the project and got few ideas that we
can implement in the project. One of them is that instead of just
presenting raw data, we could provide some other graphs that could
help interpret the data. For example, in addition to presenting the
mailing list statistics in absolute numbers, we could provide relative
data, w.r.t to some base year. It makes more sense to know if the
relative activity is improving or not. One more example would be
present data for number of people participating over the years. If
there are new people joining the list over the years and contributing
substantially, we can say that the team growth is healthy.

Such kind of data will help interpret the data better and will be a
better measure of team activity. I will also like to add these to the
project.

Once again, sorry for not responding earlier. Unfortunately, dude to
unexpected reasons, I have been super busy. I'll restart my work on
this from now.

--
Regards,
Vipin Nair