[Teammetrics-discuss] What is our next step?

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:45:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

> I would be quite happy if you would profit from your web parser
> experience to turn the content of the web archive into mboxes like this
>
>    <listname>_YYYYMM.mbox
>    <listname>_YYYYMM_SPAM.mbox
>
> or some similar naming scheme.  Once this is done we could push the mbox
> discussion a bit more.

Yes, I tried doing this but it somehow didn't work out.
`archivetombox.py` does this (and it works) but whether it conforms to
the actual definition of a mbox archive (w.r.t to message body), I
will check this again.

> Another interesting step would be to have a nice web interface where you
> can select the team of choice from and present the images for this team.
> Are you interested in such web programming?  Finally we should do some
> kind of presentation of the results.

I *really* want to do this. Two reasons:

    - It will be a good exercise in web programming.
    - It will be good for the project overall.

So this is definitely in our to-do.

> Another open item is the kind of measure Scott suggested in the beginning
> or our effort (just seek the archive for this purpose).

Ok. I remember where it is.

>   1. A real lot of *-guest names and other non-real names
>   2. Several teams featuring less than 10 members and so the
>      automatic graph generation fails because I set 10 as
>      default and no calcualtion of the real numbers is done.
>
> Could you try to run the above job and fix at least 1. by handling those
> names properly?

Yeah, sure. I will do it.

> If you know what to do to get the number of team members it would also
> be cool if you would have a look into 2. because it would be stupid to
> counting the real number and reducing the parameter if needed.)

I will try this :)

--
Sukhbir