[Teammetrics-discuss] Fwd: Google Summer of Code - Team Activity Metrics

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:09:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

> Okay - I was interested in when it updated because I was wondering how it
> would handle regularly updating data, and how that would effect caching.

Don't worry about it! You just need to fetch what is there, that's it.

> And so the tests would just be checks for the data collection scripts -
> that's fine. Any hints on what kind of things they would actually need to
> check?

To put in succinctly, we just need a way to test that our tools are
gathering the right information from a mailing list or a repository.
This can be done for example, by writing tests against a known
repository or mailing list (teammetrics). Note that this is not the
main part of the project, the main parts are the web interface and an
API of sorts to access the data, as mentioned in the idea proposal.

> Aside from these questions, I'm hoping to start work on an application soon
> - would you be willing to read over a first draft of it? This certainly
> seems like an interesting project, and something within my capability, so
> I'd like to get my application in as soon as possible :)

Yes, please go ahead if you think you are ready. The application
window opens on March 26th, but you can start saving your drafts on
the Debian Wiki before that [0].

[0] - http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2012/StudentApplications

--
Sukhbir