[Teammetrics-discuss] [GSoC-2012] Team Activity Metrics

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:14:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

> In fact, ORM is one of the main features of django. But the db structure is
> not that complex, it can be tied with django ORM with [0]. Will this solution
> be ok?

Yes. The reason why we didn't use ORM is because it would have been an
overkill given how simple the database structure is.

> What kind of specific functions are supposed to be in that web interface?
> "Select top N commiters", "Select top N talkers", "Select most active
> projects", "Show stats for the last X (days, months, years)". What else?

Something along these lines; the exact functions we will decide before
development starts. We have lots of ideas for this based on the
feedback from the Debian community and we will put them together when
we are at the design phase. I can outlay them now also but then the
discussion will get vast and also, adding new functions won't be that
difficult once we have a basic interface ready.

If you are asking this so that you can work on your application, the
features you mentioned above should be sufficient to mention.

> I am also thinking about something like http://www.highcharts.com/.

We will prefer simplicity and as such will tend to avoid JavaScript
wherever possible :) [0]

--
Sukhbir

[0] - http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWebsiteDiscussion#Step_1:_identify_needs