[Teammetrics-discuss] GSoC Idea: Improving Debian Team Activity Metrics

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Mar 21 06:20:26 UTC 2012

Hi Ershad,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:12:54AM +0530, Ershad K wrote:
> As you have mentioned, it might be difficult to convince debian system
> administrators to configure ruby on rails just for this project. Is it okay
> if I learn pylons quickly?

For sure it is OK if a student learns something. :-)

Finally if somebody has experience in one web framework I have no doubt
that he will learn another in a reasonable time frame.  I'd see learning
something in a GSoC project rather as an advantage.  My guess is that
Sukhbir will be quite helpful in case of problems.

> As I have been doing a bit of web development
> and python programming for the last few years, humbly I'm confident to
> learn pylons fastly. I checked a couple of example programs written using
> pylons yesterday, pylons seems easy and has a good learning curve. After
> all, learning a new framework is always fun :-)

Yep.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--