[Teammetrics-discuss] [GSOC-2012] Linking metrics together

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:32:19 UTC 2012

Hi Vipin,

> Given a team, is there a way to link different metrics together? Usually,
> the project name and the name of the mailing list does vary, for example the
> 'teammetric' project has 'teammetric-discuss' mailing list. (I am unaware of
> any standard naming conventions, if it exists)
>
> In other words, for a team is it possible to identify their project, mailing
> list, bug database together?

Not as such, but it's much more simpler than that. We manually enter
this information in a conf file, for example, for mailing lists, we
have a file called `listinfo.conf' which has the names of all the
mailing lists we have to parse. Similarly, there is a file called
`commitinfo.conf' that has the name of the teams for which we want to
get the repository data.

So if you are thinking of a way to link the different metrics together
under one team, it might be possible.

    $ grep teammetrics etc/teammetrics/*
    etc/teammetrics/commitinfo.conf:team =	teammetrics
    etc/teammetrics/listinfo.conf:	teammetrics-discuss

    (etc/teammetrics is the directory that has the conf files)

You get the idea :)

I understand why you asked this and it seems like a good thing to do.
So you can include this in your application if you want to and we will
find a way to link it together in a more clearer way (it's going to be
easy).

--
Sukhbir