[Teammetrics-discuss] Acceptable web framework for a GSoC Project

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Sat May 5 15:21:50 UTC 2012

[crossposted to teammetrics-discuss list]
[Sukhbir and Andreas in CC]

Hi,

I am a student working on a project under the GSoC program for Debian and
my mentors are Sukhbir Singh and Andreas Tille. As part of my project, I am
required to build a web interface to present the data collected by the Team
Metrics Project[1].

I will have to select a python based web framework to implement the project
and one of the criterion is that the selected web framework should be
installable on a debian.org host. Andreas suggested that I should clarify
with the DSA if the selected framework is acceptable and only proceed, once
I have the confirmation.

I would like to know if Flask[2] is an acceptable web framework, as that
would be the most well suited framework for my project. Flask is already
packaged in Debian.

If not, what are the acceptable web frameworks? Other options include
frameworks like Django and Pylons.

Thank you.

[1] : http://teammetrics.alioth.debian.org/
[2] : http://flask.pocoo.org/