[Teammetrics-discuss] Acceptable web framework on a debian.org host?

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed May 9 23:33:36 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Thu, 10 May 2012, Vipin Nair wrote:
> I would like to know if Flask[2] is an acceptable web framework, as
> that would be the most well suited framework for my project. Flask is
> already packaged in Debian.
>
> If not, what are the acceptable web frameworks? Other options include
> frameworks like Django and Pylons.

I can't speak for DSA but I know that nm.debian.org is using Django. I am
also planning to use Django for the packages.qa.debian.org rewrite.

I don't know Flask so I can't say anything about it. But in general DSA
doesn't care about the framework unless it's a resource hog or a security
nightmare (at least that's my understanding).

mentors.debian.net is using Pylons but that's not hosted on a debian.org
machine.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer