[Teammetrics-discuss] GsoC Project Weekly Report 1

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Tue May 15 07:19:03 UTC 2012

Hi Sukhbir,

> While I really like D3, please don't forget that we also need to have
> a JavaScript-free version of the `Team Metrics' project :) That is
> very important perhaps in many ways more than the JS version (Andreas
> please comment on this).

Yes, I understand that. I have some prior experience with matplotlib
and I will lookup on R as well. Since these are static images, its
relatively easier to work with, at least for me. That is the reason I
choose to work with D3.

> That is up to you -- go with whatever you feel you like and you are
> more comfortable with.

That does help. Thank you :)

> I read it!

:)

> Cool, now you should wait for the swag (which is awesome).

Waiting :)

> Enrico wrote a nice and detailed reply. Follow-up with him if required.

Oh yes. I actually lost that mail in all the noise (too many mails in
Inbox). I have filtered this mailing list so that this does not
repeat. I'll follow up soon.

> That's fine, during the start the progress is usually slow. And either
> ways, the "official" coding period begins May 23rd, so you can take it
> easy till then if you want.

Not taking this very lightly. But I might be slower this week. I am
attending a conference this week in Banaglore, so will be travelling
out. But I'll try to finish all the tasks for this week.

> Everything is good for now and I feel Andreas also agrees, so don't worry :)

:)

> Thanks for the report.

Having to submit a report actually makes you work! :)

--
Regards,
Vipin Nair