[Teammetrics-discuss] Linking Different Metrics

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:12:53 UTC 2012

Hi Vipin,

Just to give you an idea so that you can start your work, this is how
the config file for linking repositories and mailing lists within a
team will look like:

    [Name of Team]
    repository = $REPOSITORY
    list =  $LIST-1
            .
            .
            $LIST-n

The `list' option can have multiple values because some teams have
more than one mailing lists. (Multiple values are separated by a '\n'
character)

Some have multiple repositories even (different packages within a
team), but that is taken care of by the code that parses these
repositories, so you don't have to worry about it. To get an idea, try
this on blends.d.n:

    $ psql teammetrics -c "SELECT DISTINCT package FROM commitstat
WHERE project='debian-med';"

So for the single `debian-med' repository, there are 56 packages. But
like I said, don't worry, I am just telling you so that you are aware
of this.

An example config file will look like:

    [Debian Teams Activity Metrics]
    repository = teammetrics
    lists = teammetrics-discuss

As far as populating this is concerned, I will (try to) do it by this
weekend. For now, you should just use the sample config file I
described to start your work and test your code, etc.

Andreas, I hope this clears the doubt you were having about this.

--
Sukhbir