[Teammetrics-discuss] Web Framework

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Thu May 24 20:50:16 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

> I do not see any need for a VM when we could install 1.3.1-2~bpo60+1 -
> at least if this is sufficient.

Actually I am running sid but it is fine, and I have started my work.

> So that's fine for me - just tell me if you want me to install it on
> blends.debian.net (and what other modules might be needed).

Thank you. Definitely.

> I can not tell how important this feature for the GSoC project might
> be.  If there is no strong reason I'd like to go with the features
> of 1.3 and upgrade once 1.4 is backported.

Not very important. Just an automated in browser testing feature. What
you suggested seems like a better idea. Will upgrade when 1.4 is
available as a backport and stick to 1.3 for now.

> I'd suggest to go with the latest backport.  So if you really need 1.4
> you should push the backporting work (and by doing so becoming involved
> in learning packaging techniques).

I will be willing to do so and have offered my help. Waiting for
Enrico's reply :)

Thanks.

--
Regards,