[Teammetrics-discuss] Observations when generating latest graphs

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Feb 8 08:54:01 UTC 2013

Hi Sukhbir,

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 07:08:37PM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:

> Yup. I have updated the names.

Thanks.

> >    2. commit_pkg-ocaml-team, commit_fai
> >          not a single commit in 2012 but I consider both teams active
> >          (did they changes VCS and we failed in inspecting the new location)
> >          According to
> >            http://fai-project.org/sources/
> >          FAI git is available from
> >            git://github.com/faiproject/fai.git
> >          (no idea whether this moe from alioth to github might cause some trouble
> >           for our statistics gathering)
>
> Yes, that seems to be the reason. Though GitHub does generate some nice
> contributor statistics:
>
>     https://github.com/faiproject/fai/graphs/contributors
>
> How do you want us to handle this?

I do see two options:  Try to fetch data from GitHub as well (no idea
how hard this would be to implement) or droping this group from our
statistics.  IMHO it makes no sense to trigger the false impression that
the team became inactive / dead.

I think there is not much harm done when choosing the second option
because if the teams would really use our graphs they would have told us
about the wrong impression that is currently created.

On the other hand beeing able to handle GitHub data as well might offer
new options.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--