[Teammetrics-discuss] project idea: Debian metric portal

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Mar 14 14:03:57 UTC 2013

Hi Stefano,

seems you are desperately seeking new tasks for you past-leader time. ;-)

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 09:46:52AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Heya, here is a draft of a project I'd like to mentor for GSoC, assuming
> we find an interested and suitable student.
>
> [project description]
>
> It's essentially a refactoring/reengineering initiative to consolidate
> all the scattered metrics graphing initiatives we have throughout the
> project. Those of you familiar with Tor might recognize some
> similarities with http://metrics.torproject.org

Do you also consider including the results of the teammetrics projects
of GSoC 2011 and 2012[1].

> I welcome feedback on the idea, as well as volunteers for co-mentoring
> with me.
>
> An open point for discussion is what should be used as database to stock
> the underlying data. UDD currently has *some* historical data but, at
> least in the beginning, it didn't have vocation at storing that kind of
> data. So I was more thinking at using a separate database, but I've no
> strong opinion either way. Any suggestion?

I'd be afraid that once data is somewhere else it might remain there.
So if there are no good reasons to keep it outside I would consider
including it into UDD (which is my very personal view).

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/01/msg00011.html

--