[Teammetrics-discuss] Alioth lists not updated for 2014

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Feb 11 10:42:15 UTC 2014

Hi Sukhbir,

On Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 08:25:26PM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> >    debian-med-packaging at lists.alioth.debian.org
> >    debian-science-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org
> >

> Just checked this. This is because you ran the script on January 29 and
> if you remember, we don't fetch the stats for a month until it's over. I
> have checked and these are being updated.

Ahhhh, I definitely do not remember!  I also fail to remember the reason
for this restrictions - it is probably because we are downloading completed
mboxes.  This is not needed in the web archive parser case and thus we do
have values there, right?

> > do not show a single entry for whole 2014 but should.  I remember you
> > reported some delay means to circumvent some kind of misuse protection
> > on Alioth.  It seems that this does not work and I would suggest that
> > we discuss this with Alioth admins.  Can you provide more precise
> > data for the effect (or somehow fix this otherwise)?
>
> The current rate-limiting method is working fine but I will get in touch
> with the admins about this nevertheless.

Good.

Thanks for your work on this.

Kind regards

       Andreas.