[Tts-project] Fwd: speech dispatcher and voxin embedded voices

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun Feb 12 12:32:00 GMT 2023

Le 12/02/2023 à 08:09, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. a écrit :
> This is about getting Voxin Embedded Voices working in pure console text mode.
>
> If you have a solution that fixes the lack of Voxin console speech at login, I'd
> love to hear it.>
> Maybe just editing /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf will fix all the problem
> because it will configure speech dispatcher system wide and that is what is needed.

As you have been told to you several times: edit
/etc/speechd-/speech-dispatcher.conf.

> I have no idea why spd-conf doesn't work the way it should.

spd-conf has been written long ago and speech-dispatcher has evolved since then.

It could work otherwise but modify it is something that need time, a time that
none of the people able to do this modification has found so far, as they are
busy with other stuff.

> Maybe Gilles can update the Voxin installer to make the needed system wide
> changed to change  /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf so it will provide Voxin
> Embedded speech in the text console for those users (old timers and blind
> people) who rely on text mode for speed and excellent accessibility.

It's up to Gilles to answer. I am not sure it's the right thing to do. And he
also is a busy man.

Cheers,
Didier