[Tts-project] Speech feedback related packages

Samuel Thibault sthibault at debian.org
Sat Dec 2 21:58:51 GMT 2023

Hello,

Paul Gevers, le sam. 02 déc. 2023 21:43:54 +0100, a ecrit:
> >      Paul> ... this is an extremely good reason to change the
> >      Paul> version. New upstream release to address issues in the right
> >      Paul> place.
> >
> > But, if I understand right, a sensible reason to keep package version
> > unchangeable until sponsoring is its correspondence to the ITP bug
> > number. Upstream version update apparently breaks this
> > correspondence. Is there a way to cope with this problem?
>
> It's a long time ago that I sponsored something for an ITP bug, I don't
> understand the problem. So I can't say how to fix it.

I don't think the version written in the ITP really matters. AIUI
it's written in the ITP mostly to tell people how it is planned to be
numbered (version vs date, epoch, etc.).

I tend to agree that it does not matter much either that the version
stays the same in the sponsor request, and using different version
numbers for different revisions of the requests does make sense to me.

Anyway, any of these versioning approaches will be fine for me :)

(and yes, upstream bugs should rather be upstreamed and released)

Samuel