[Tux4kids-discuss] SVG for TuxMath as a GSoC project

Bolesław Kulbabiński bkulbabinski at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:10:11 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm really interested in implementing SVG support for TuxMath as a GSoC
project but I have a few questions.

First of all, just to be sure, "native" SVG support means implementing
everything from scratch including an XML parser, doesn't it ?
What is the main purpose of using SVG graphics in TuxMath ? Do you plan to
remove all PNG images and use vector graphics instead or maybe use it for
only some specific parts of the game ? I assume that scalable images will
enable the user to change game resolution without any loss in quality but is
it the main reason for this project ?
Finally, do you expect the student to implement full support of all
SVG 1.1features including animation, scripting etc. ? If so, it will
be quite
challenging to make it perfectly right during two months of coding, in my
opinion.
Do you have some particular requirements as for the proposal? If you expect
something specific in there, please let me know.

Thank you for answering,
kind regard,
Bolesław Kulbabiński