[Tux4kids-discuss] New Website

Matthew McSpadden webmaster at anvilsmithtech.com
Mon Feb 16 01:41:50 UTC 2009

Hey all,
The time has come for some input from the community on the new website.
We wanted to get a functional template before presenting it to see what
you think. I would appreciate getting feedback on 3 specific things
(there will be other later).

First, if anyone who gets this would let Pam and I know what you think
of the basic layout of the website. The colors, pictures, and the
general feel for it. The link is
http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/newsitetest/

Second, there was some talk of the current released files (downloads)
page. Many people think it is difficult for a typical user to find
things. I would have to agree. I have done some research on various
sites and how they present their downloads. I looked at other open
source projects as well as other program sites, computer sites, etc. I
made up some dummy pages with 4 different ideas on how we might be able
to display the downloads more effectively. I did them up all this
afternoone, so they are a bit rough. Perhaps we could use one of them or
a combination of some of them. Let me know your thoughts. The link is
http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/newsitetest/download.html

Third, is some input on what you think should be on the menu, and what
should just be a link on one of the pages.

I would like all input, even criticisms :)

Matthew