[Tux4kids-discuss] Website Question

Matthew McSpadden webmaster at anvilsmithtech.com
Tue Feb 17 19:10:32 UTC 2009

Hey All,
I have not had time to make up a sample of what I am going to describe,
so I hope you will be able to understand what I am talking about.

I would like to find out if the Tux4Kids community would like to combine
the Tux4Kids, TuxMath, an Tuxtype websites together as one. At the top,
just below the header would be three main sections or tabs for each one.
Then just below it would be a sub menu that would have more specific
things on it for each one. i.e. The Tux4Kids tab would be blue and hte
menu below would have things specific to Tux4Kids on it and hte
backgroung would also be blue. The other two tabs might be red. Then if
you click on the TuxMath tab, it would change to blue and the sub menu
would change to have menu items specific to TuxMath. This is actually
the same idea as how Gforge does their tabs. I really do think doing it
that way would help this project's presence on the web be more consistent.

The other way to do it is to make three separate websites (they can all
be on the same web server of course) and simply link from one to the
other. Each site would have the same basic layout, with differing colors
and such, but it would not be as easy to go from one to the other, and
someone on TuxType's website may not know that there is also a TuxMath
(that was me) unless it is fairly prominent.

Any input would be great. I have this whole week off work, so I am able
to do a lot of coding on the site so long as I know what you guys want.

Matt