[Tux4kids-discuss] Gsoc 2010

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:04:48 UTC 2010

Hi Deepak,

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM, deepak aggarwal
<deepak.aggarwal9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi David,
> I have read all the source code but i want to know that is it nessecary that
> i should submit patches to you as i am apeering for my internal semester
> exams and they will end on 12 April . Is it possible that i can submit
> patches to you after 12th.Does it will effect my ranking.

The student application deadline is April 9 - this was set by Google,
not us.  Your application will not be considered complete without a
small sample patch, sent to tux4kids.gsoc2010 at gmail.com.

Note that this patch is *not* supposed to be a significant part of the
code for your project itself - it is just supposed to show us that
applicants are able to checkout/clone the source code from our
repository, write a few lines of code that does something, build the
program to know that it works, and generate a diff.  We're talking
about a "Hello World"-type coding assignment, in the setting of our
code base.

If you have the background to be a successful GSoC student, the demo
patch will take much less than an hour, probably less than fifteen
minutes.  This is a trivially easy task for anyone who actually has
some background in C programming.

I'm sorry if this is colliding with your exams, but the patch should
really be a small fraction of the time for the proposal itself.

Regards,

David Bruce