[Tux4kids-discuss] [Tuxmath-devel] [fwd] Invitation: Apply to be a Mentoring Organization for GCI [Google Code-In; like GSOC, but for teenagers]

Jesus Mager fongog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 03:54:49 UTC 2010

> However, "factoroids" is fairly self-contained, and I think could be improved:
> - replace tuxmath-style LED monitor with "prime number guns", with new
> artwork for a "2-gun", "3-gun", "5-gun", and so forth up through maybe
> 11 or 13.
> - have the gun shoot a numeral-labeled projectile instead of the laser.
> - arrange the waves in order of prime factors - first wave powers of
> 2; second wave multiples of twos and threes; third wave twos, threes,
> and fives; etc.

Yep, it sounds great!!! I can help to tutor one of the kids.
I thing factoroids need also better graphics, may be improve when the
player hits some special rocks, etc...
I'm also sure that the factoroids code is very simple for a newcomer.
Maybe some more comments in the code can help.

But what about tuxhistory? We need a nice GUI in SDL, some thing like
a menu, selecting options, maps, etc... It is may be also a GFX/litle
code task. (I strongly prefer more work on tuxhistory to make some
progress. :p )

--
Jesus Mager
[www.h1n1-al.blogspot.com]