[Tux4kids-discuss] tux4kids trouble

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Sep 17 20:44:30 UTC 2010

Replying back to the tux4kids-discuss list...

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:30:07PM -0600, Jim B wrote:
> thanks bill, i removed all of pulse...including the
> libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio. so now only alsa is running...but same
> issue appears. the screen just flashes between app and black screen in
> tuxmath and tuxtype. tuxpaint is fine now. i noticed that the same
> issue is in child's play(another sdl app).

Well, I'm glad that helped somewhat.  It sounds like the TuxMath &
Tux Typing issue is unrelated.  It'd be good to get some debugging
info, which would help the other developers out here try to
pinpoint the problem.

My first tool of choice is usually 'strace', e.g.:

  strace tuxmath

and see what happens, especially towards the end when it
crashes and aborts.

Others here might have more useful suggestions on how to
debug these two apps, though.

> thanks alot for the help.

No problem.  Sorry I can't help much further at this point.
Good luck!

-bill!