[Tux4kids-discuss] Regarding Gsoc 2012

prateek papriwal papriwalprateek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:48:10 UTC 2012

I am Prateek Papriwal, a second year undergraduate student persuing
Bachelors in Technology in the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, in the
department of Electrical Engineering. I love programming . I was told about
GSOC 2012 by one of my seniors, who saw passion for coding in me. I
traversed through the previous year list of organisations and thereby
Tux4kids caught my attention, contributing fun and joy to children by
giving them an easy to use interface. I was very much fascinated and found
myself very much intersted to work with Tux4kids . For the last few weeks i
have been going through the working of TuxPaint and have gone through some
of its modules . I have done a course CSL 101 "Programming through C" . I
love coding in C because of its simplicity and usability . i have several
sorting algorithms while doing my course .

I have gone through the ideas page and found myself interested to work on
"Pattern magic Tool" . i am currently reading the page "Extending Tux
Paint" to know more about Brushes and Rubber Stams used by Tux Paint .

Other Relevant Course taken:

CSL 201 :  Data Structures And Algorithms -- Object Oriented Programming,
Trees Implementation ,Binary Trees and Heaps ,Sorting Techniques ,Skip
list, hashing techniques,             Graph Theory

Involvement in Open Source Organisation

CMU Sphinx(SVN Repository)
RAXA JSS EMR(Git Repository) --
https://raxaemr.atlassian.net/wiki/display/RAXAJSS/Voice+Module+Project