[Tux4kids-discuss] Tux paint

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 21:14:32 UTC 2012

Hi Tushar

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't suscribed to this list.

   I am good at C/C++ programming languages.
   I went through the project ideas regarding Tux paint. Since tux paint
   already consists a magic tool for creating a mosaic, what tool exactly
   needs to be developed in the following project

   - *Wallpaper tool/mode like the pattern magic tool that affects the
   behavior of the overall program*

   A little bit ellaboration of the statement  "*tileable draws that match
   side by side forming a mosaic" *will be helpful*.*
   *
   *
   Basically I wanted to know the difference between the earlier and new tool.

Well, the current magic tool that does this is the "Pattern" magic tool,
it is more oriented to let small children enjoy than to draw something usefull.

The new tool should not be a magic tool, but a regular tool, it has to affect
the behavior of the rest of the tools in the sense that any action that you do
with those tools has to be repeated accross the canvas, and it has to be able
to resize the area of the base pattern.

A link to a page with a java applet that does more or less the same:
https://www.math.lsu.edu/~verrill/wallpaper/

with regards
Tushar Agarwal
IT(undergraduate student)

Yours
Pere

P.S. Please, join us at the tuxpaint mailing list if you have more questions
on this topic.