[Tux4kids-discuss] GSOC 2013 Project Proposition

Forest Johnson johnsonf at beloit.edu
Sun Apr 14 23:32:15 UTC 2013

Hakim, Tux4Kids,

I'm also interested in GSOC 2013, and I had a similar idea of a game.
Although I was thinking more along the lines of MIT's Scratch, i.e.
graph-based, I'm curious what you and the group think about the idea of
creating a game to target PC, online, and mobile devices, which teaches
fundamental programming concepts. I think touch screen devices have a lot
of potential for a kind of visual programming which is similar to building
with legos.

I'm an undergrad student, but I've also worked in the games industry for a
while.. See my linkedin if you are curious.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/forest-johnson/56/563/34a

Forest