[Tux4kids-discuss] Tux4Kids GSOC Idea

Yanna Wu wuyanna2009 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 04:23:39 UTC 2013

Here's the outline of my proposed game.

First, I'd like to name the game - Tux4Kids ToyBricks. It gives a lot of
information just by the name.

The game has 2 mode - Free mode & Level mode

The goal of the game is to build something or achieve certain objects using
toy bricks in various shapes.

Shapes include: square rectangle triangle circle star random-shaped … etc

*Desc:*

Free mode:

Player can using any kind of toy bricks in the library, numbers are
unlimited, to build some thing. There is no certain goal. The player can
build anything with their creativity. Also in this mode, the player can get
familiar with the physic features of various shaped bricks. This mode has a
function of screen capture, so that the work of the player can be saved and
shared.

Level mode:

Each level has a particular goal and the bricks are limited. The player
need to use the limited the bricks to achieve the goal. Usually, there are
some settings in each level. For example, the player is required to build a
path with limited bricks to make the ball in the settings reach the goal
position.

*Develop:*

I'm planning to use the APE as the physic engine of the game. It is very
lightweight and written in AS3, so it can be easily converted to HaXe. In
the first phase of development, ui can be as easy as possible, so we don't
need additional ui designers.

I'd like to hear about your opinions. Thanks.