[Tux4kids-discuss] Idea for tux - (New Direction + New Concept)

Shalin Shah shalinshah1993 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 19:15:19 UTC 2013

Hello ,

                I am Shalin Shah, a sophomore at
DAIICT<http://www.daiict.ac.in> having
some knowlledege of android  and windows as well as languages like C, C++,
JAVA , Python ,C#. After seeing the ideas list of tux4kids I am really
interested in working with tux and I have an idea in my mind  for tux which
is a new concept and direction for tux.

               I am from India and here we have around 500k villages here
and there are many developing countries where there are numerous villages
.Now recently I did my rural internship at a village whre I worked with an
NGO so now I know what problems they face.So what I want is we could
develop an a logo quiz game for kids which will basically motivate them to
do things which are good and make them avoid doing things that are wrong.
Eg - Beating your wife or daughter-in-law is wrong. So the game should have
these kind of pool of questions( for which I have the material  :) ) where
in if the kids selects correct answer should give him points and if wrong
then decrease his points.So what I want is could you please give some
comment on this idea and whether tux is ready for this new direction which
is working for upliftment of society.

               Initially I would like to develop it for android platform
and later port it to windows.If you are not ready for this idea could you
please suggest me which application to start working on improving features
etc.I have recently made my windows application called city
buddy<https://github.com/shalinshah1993/AppsDreamer.git>which is a
utility application giving you all the details of the city you
want.For android recent application was
I-job<https://github.com/shalinshah1993/Location-Alarm.git>.Please
do comment on my idea.

--