[Tux4kids-discuss] Google Code-In

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 22:56:21 UTC 2013

Hi all!

For those who don't know what it is
http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2013
is a Google program designed to approach children 13-17 to open source

We had yet participated on 2010 if I recall right.
Is there interest in participating this year?
If so, who are available to mentor/admin?

I can fill the application to participate if needed, but I think i will
not have time to mentor.

Basically we need to provide some 20 small tasks just for the
application, that should increase later up to 150-300 for the program if
we get selected.
We need too a backup admin and a list of mentors.

There are just few days left, so if there is any interest, please speak
quick.

Thanks
Pere

Note that if we don't get selected or if we decide to not apply, there
may still be some chances to put some tasks into GCI via other selected
orgs, (I meet a very nice guy from SugarLabs at GSOC mentor summit)