[Tux4kids-discuss] TuxCode Test Tasks

ali hassan ali.hassan.abdallatif at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:33:37 UTC 2016

Hello everyone ..

My name is Ali Hassan. I am a 4th-year Digital Media Engineering student in
the German University in Cairo. with a big passion for GameDev and
Interactive Education.

I am really interested in the Tux4Code project. and I really feel it fits
in my area of expertise. I have been a hobbyist gameDev for four years, and
have been using haxeFlixel in my projects for almost two years now. i am
also a big education enthusiast and a big believer in the positive effects
of serious games.

what i really like about this project is that i developed a similar Game my
self a year ago . it was a CS game that was targeting 15 or older students
with no programming experience. i worked on it over the period of 8 months
and managed to get it to an acceptable state. but then unfortunately had to
drop because of other responsibilities and also i couldn't find anyone to
help me with it. here is the link if anyone's interested:
https://goo.gl/BCfKRz .

Finally i tried to setup the project on my machine but unfortunately it was
using an old version of Haxe Flixel. so I issued a pull request
<https://goo.gl/IWSme5>here upgrading the project to the latest HaxeFlixel
version. I will try to work on any of the issues found in the project repo
but i believe the code should be refactored a lot first to make use of the
HaxeFlixel new features and API .also,  if there is any particular feature
any of the mentors would like it to be implemented please let me know.

Best Regards,
Ali Hassan