[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] TuxType 1.5.16 - two new themes, possible bug fix

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 29 11:24:27 UTC 2007

Hi Andrei, Jarda, and colleagues,

I have posted a new build of TuxType as 1.5.16, with new Wolof and Czech
themes (thanks to their respective contributors as noted in ChangeLog).

I also found a possible bug with keyboard input in the Cascade and Comet Zap
games - basically the program only looked at the last 8 bits of the unicode
value, which of course prevents proper recognition of values beyond 255. It
may be fixed, but I don't have a way of testing it, at least with my current
US keyboard map.

I think there also could be a problem if modifier keys are needed to type
special characters (Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and so forth) - as things stand now,
TuxType will just treat the modifier key as an incorrect character and reset
the word to start over.  Any testing feedback would be greatly appreciated!

--
David Bruce