[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] New user for tuxtyping

Daniel Cartron daniel at cartron.org
Tue Dec 30 09:22:56 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

I baught an EEEPC 701 to my daughter for xmas and as tuxtyping is installed i
try to create some french lessons for her. But i have some problems to do
this.

First the letters with accents don't show correctly. I think it is some utf8
problem, so do i have to convert my files to another format, thougt the
machine seems to use utf8 ?

Then the lessons files azre displayed a very strange way on screen, they are
not sorted by name or date, and it make it difficult to select the good
lesson... And their name is written too small, it is difficult to read them.

Otherwise i think it is not good to have the main background for lessons,
because i want to put there a background with the keyboard drawn with colors,
one for each finger. How can i do ? And for this keyboard i would like to
replace the fingers png by some others that would highlight rhe keys, which
is not a real pb, but the really big one is that only the qdsdf row can be
used and i would like to highlight the good row. Is it possible to modify the
keyboard.lst file to give differents numbers to the letters, so i can use
more png ?

Anyway thanks for this nice software, my children likeit already.

I will of course give my work to the community as soon as i have the
autorisation as i have based my lessons on a book.

--
Cordialement, Daniel Cartron
« La liberté consiste moins à faire sa volonté qu'à ne pas être soumis à celle