[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Adding xkb support in tuxtype

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Jun 23 21:36:24 UTC 2008

Tysdag 3. juni 2008 skreiv sreyas k:
>I was wondering if we can reduce the tuxtype package size further. With the
>addition of pango, the font files could me removed from the package.

The Andika font used (for the Western languages) in TuxMath/TuxType was
specifically chosen because it is ‘designed especially for literacy use,
taking into account the needs of beginning readers [with] focus […] on clear,
easy-to-perceive letterforms that will not be readily confused with one
another’.

It would be a really bad idea to remove it and replace it with the default
font in Pango.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer