[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] [Tuxpaint-devel] Tux4Kids GSoC 2008 mentors!

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Mar 26 10:40:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sunday 23 March 2008 19:47, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> That brings up another question; Tux4Kids itself (and in this case, that
> means me, since I've signed us up and am doing the paperwork) will be
> receiving part of the stipends.  Shall we simply divide it on a per-mentor
> basis?

As far as I know, different GSoC projects in the past have handled this
differently. Some gave all the "mentors funds" to the mentors, some gave some
part of it to the mentors and the rest to the project, while others gave all
to the project.

In other words: I think it's up to us. (Or rather, you, who are doing the
work :-)

> It's going to be a pain from a tax standpoint for me, since I'll be the
> one filling out the W-9 form and will be responsible for paying taxes.

I'd think it would also ok (if the mentors are fine with it), if some mentors
keep the money, while others donate it.

> I guess I'll ask other orgs who've participated in GSoC in the past how
> THEY dealt with this mess. :)

:-)

AFAIK tux4kids also has (almost) no real costs at the moment. We mostly use
alioth (.debian.org) and (historically) sourceforge, and both services are
free.

The only real costs, afaik, are the domain costs for tux4kids.com, currently
paid by Sam Hart (bcc:ed for courtesty) - but those are probably also only
10$ a year or such.

regards,
	Holger