[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Problems in tuxtype

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 14 13:11:09 UTC 2008

Hi Sreyas,

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 07:59:34 am you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had been working with the indic language support in tuxtype. We had been
> working on the tuxtype-indic branch. Now after the merging of the branch to
> the trunk, see some features missing. The "next letter" part in practice is
> missing and also the printing of the typed characters in tuxtype has been
> changed back to 1 glyph at a time, rather than all together. This had been
> changed by us, so that the rendering issues would be taken care of. I
> havent checked the code in detail, but at the first look I noticed these
> issues. The Indic languages doesnt seem to work now. Can you shed some
> light into these matters.

These probably are features that didn't get merged into the trunk.  I noticed
that the tuxtype-indic branch is gone - I have no idea how that happened,
unless I somehow did it inadvertently while doing the reorganization of the
source tree.  It should be pretty easy to find out when the branch got
removed, revert a local copy to that revision, copy the branch, and add it
back.  There could also be a more automated way to do that in svn that I
don't know about.

I'm afraid I don't have any direct knowledge of these code changes - about the
only thing I've done with tuxtype in recent months was to reorganize the tree
with more standard directory names.

At any rate, the Indic languages do seem to work on my machine as of my last
svn update.  For some ssh-related reason I'm having trouble updating right
now.

HTH

--
David Bruce