[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSoC student application deadline approaching - April 3

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 00:17:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just a reminder that the GSoC student application deadline is Friday,
Apr 3.  If you want to be considered as a GSoC student, you must
submit a proposal by the deadline via the GSoC Melange web app at the
GSoC site.  Note, we are also requiring that students submit a small
(even tiny) patch just to show you do in fact know how to write a few
lines of C and use basic utilities.  The patches should be sent by
email to tux4kids.gsoc at gmail.com.  Note that you must do *both*.  I
realize it would be cooler if we had the patch submission somehow
built into our template on the web app, but we don't.

Again, make sure you fill out the application at the GSoC website
*and* email a patch to the above address.

Just making yourself known by email or IRC won't help with Google's
deadline - you need to get your proposal in on time.

It should be noted that there are a lot of really qualified people
expressing interest in Tux4Kids - we (core developers and mentors) are
going to have to make some tough decisions, and there are going to be
some really good applicants who don't get picked :-(

 There's not much we can do about it, but we will try to be as fair as
possible, and we definitely don't want to generate any hard feelings.

Best,

David Bruce