[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev Digest, Vol 17, Issue 1

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 03:42:19 UTC 2009

Hi Bristow,

On 4/1/09, Bristow Thankachan <bristow.thankachan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a bike accident last week and I'm recovering from it. I was not able
> to do a patch till now as I was admitted in the hospital. I just wanted to
> know if I can submit the patch after the deadline of student proposal(but
> definitely before the list of accepted students is published).

I'll see what everyone thinks.  Your explanation sounds legitimate and
your previous correspondence seems to show you know what you are
talking about.

Keep in mind, however, that we aren't expecting much code in the
patch, just something to show you know how to program in C.  If you
have the proper skills, you should be able to do it in an hour.  Just
build one of the programs from source, edit something that alters
program behavior, write an entry in the changelog describing what you
did, and generate a diff.

One other thing - while we could conceivably be lenient about when we
get the patches, we don't have any leeway about the official
application you submit to GSoC.  That *must* be received by the
deadline or we won't even get an opportunity to evaluate your
application.

Best,

David Bruce