[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Response from school staff regarding progress tracking

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Tue Dec 8 19:01:18 UTC 2009

I'd definitely think that splitting the progress control out into a
separate package and having the main codebase 'talk' to it would be the
most sane (so those who don't want/need progress control don't need to
install it).

It would obviously make the codebase much more modular as well once it's
up to speed to be able to talk to everything else. Not sure how much
re-coding in the main code we'd need to do stuff like this, I'm sure
it's no small feat to modulate it in this way (though there is minimal
progress tracking as it is, so it might be additions rather than
changes). If we go for it now we will have many other possibilities for
other ideas in the future as well. We'll be building a very solid
foundation for extensibility of TuxTyping, which would be really nice
for the ultimate goal of widespread acceptance and usage for learning
how to type with TuxType!

- Jordan