[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Working on the Chinese version of tuxtype

Frederic Muller fred at beijinglug.org
Wed Dec 16 06:13:25 UTC 2009

Dear Everyone,

Thanks a lot for the prompt responses, I have started to follow up on
the indications you gave me and I already have questions:
I found the theming documentation, the lang.po and the po/tuxtype.pot
(we started from an existing po file) but they both are located in the
following directory which seems strange to me:
tux4kids/branches/commonification/tuxtype/branches/gsoc-sarah/

When looking at tux4kids/trunk/ I don't find any of those files. Is it
normal or is gsoc-sarah the active branch?

I have also failed to actually see my translation at all. I assumed that
just adding the tuxtype.mo in local-langpack/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/ should
work (on debian/Ubuntu platform) but it's not doing anything (started
the application with LANG=zh_CN).

Next I'll discuss about Chinese typing specificities but we're actually
fine teaching QWERTY since it is the keyboards in use.

Thanks again.

Fred