[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Branches and conflicts and git, oh my!

B. Luchen cheezmeister at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 04:35:21 UTC 2009

David,

> > As it is, stuff is so messy right now that I'm not convinced it's even
> > salvageable.
>
> I wouldn't go that far - I think libt4k-common is fine.

That's true, at least :) What I meant was that the substantial work done in
TT and TM will be hard to bring back into their respective trunks, by hand
or with merges.

> Last time I
> worked on it (maybe two months ago), I had gotten it to build with
> autotools as a shared libtool library, and it seemed to install
> properly and make a valid tarball with "make dist".  I didn't get
> tuxmath to successfully link with it, however, even though the library
> appeared to be installed.  However, I pretty much just left it at that
> point without any detailed troubleshooting and moved on to other
> stuff.

That's good to hear. I'll see if I can get TM linking properly to a shared
lib. I'm inclined to stick to CMake and leave the autotooling to the
experts, though. Is a libtool library special, or did you just mean you
built with libtool?

> Yes - the distros really seem to dislike static libs, although what
> they really are trying to avoid is having multiple packages each have
> their own copy of e.g. libSDL statically linked into the binary.

Fair enough, that's valid.

-Brendan