[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Branches and conflicts and git, oh my!

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 04:04:43 UTC 2009

Hi Frederic,

On 12/27/09, Frederic Muller <fred at beijinglug.org> wrote:
> David Bruce wrote:
>> [...]
>>  I'm inclined to push out a new release in the next couple of
>> days while my family is away.
>>
> Will this include Tuxtyping as well or just Tuxmath? I still didn't
> submit our work on the Chinese translation which if you do a new release
> I would like to do before.

Just tuxmath. But I do have some news about tuxtype - I am pretty sure
that our current way of handling input won't work with the multiple
keys needed for Chinese, so I looked into how tuxpaint does it.
Tuxpaint has a file im.c, for Input Methods, which appears to have the
needed capabilities.  Tuxpaint has input methods for Traditional
Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai.  I have started to work on
adapting this code for Tuxtype.  The code has been added to svn, but
it isn't yet used by the program at runtime.  When I get it set up so
it should hopefully work, it will need to be tested by those who know
the respective languages.  I will keep you posted.

David