[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype 1.7.1 source tar.gz posted

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:50:55 UTC 2009

Hi Doruk, Lars, and everyone

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Lars Vogdt <lars at linux-schulserver.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:13:03 +0200, Doruk Fisek <dfisek at fisek.com.tr>
> wrote:
>> It compiled find under Pardus. Yet when I run tuxtype from console, I
>> get these errors :
>>
>> =================
>> Warning - could not load graphics file tuxd.png
> [...]
>> Warning - could not load graphics file menu/main8.png
>> =================

This is more a problem of extraneous output than one of missing files.
 None of these files exist in the actual tree, either.  The issue is
that the program loads the sprite frames of "name*.png" in numerical
order until it fails to find one, then it prints a warning and goes on
to the next sprite.  So, if we have tux0.png, tux1.png, and tux2.png,
it will print a warning that it couldn't find tux3.png.

I agree this is confusing.  I'll modify it so it only prints those
warnings if the program is run with the "-d" (debug) flag.

Um, does the program seem to work OK, apart from the warnings?

On a related note, I done a fair amount of additional work on tuxtype
in the last couple days and should soon have a 1.7.2, which addresses
a few more things:
- fix of crashing bug in fullscreen fish cascade game (from queueing
too many blits)
- inclusion of fonts required for rest of Indic languages
- correction of title graphic from "TuxType2" to "TuxType"
- same greeting chime sound as Tux Paint.
- LoadLang() now sets both LANG and LANGUAGE as well as setlocale().

Cheers,

David